Tuesday, April 14, 2009

'Last' day in China

Urumqi, Xinjiang, China.

My 'last' day in China before I get on an Ariana Afghan Airlines flight to Kabul on the morrow. The dodgy office where I got my tickets didn't inspire any confidence. The airline brochure that included an article on the aircraft they have and the fact that one of its kind 'operated by the American Airlines was stolen in Luanda Airport... and now believed to be operated by terrorists and/or smugglers.' didn't ease my mind. *sigh*

This adventure of mine to go to Afghanistan on an embed assignment is beginning to appear like a foolhardy idea! More later.

3 comments:

  1. Foolhardy idea? And I'm not supposed to worry about you? ...
    Hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the flight went well - let us know you landed safely in Kabul....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete